(Rashtriya Military School): Shaping Future Leaders
The aim of Rashtriya Military School is to ‘impart quality education and prepare the cadets to join the defence services. Military School provides the best environment to develop leadership qualities, sense of team spirit and all round development of the cadet.
Military schools serve several important purposes:
- Military Training: They provide students with a foundation in military skills, discipline, and values.
- Character Development: Military schools instill qualities of leadership, honor, and responsibility in their cadets.
- Preparation for NDA: These schools prepare students for the National Defence Academy (NDA) entrance examination.
- Boys and Girls Cadets are admitted into Class VI and IX through an OMR based common entrance test conducted in December.
- Qualified candidates are short listed for interview. Merit list is prepared on the basis of written test
- A medical fitness test is conducted for the Finally selected students
To appear for the entrance examination of military schools, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age Limit: Candidates must be within a specific age range, typically between 10 to 12 years old for class VI and 13 to 15 years old for class IX.
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have completed a specific grade level, often Class 5th or 6th, depending on the school’s requirements.
The entrance examinations for military schools typically include written tests in subjects such as Mathematics, English, General Knowledge, and Intelligence. Successful candidates are then called for interviews and medical examinations.
Students who graduate from military schools have the opportunity to appear for the NDA entrance examination and pursue a career as officers in the Indian Armed Forces.
Military schools are not just institutions; they are the crucibles that shape future military leaders. They offer young boys the opportunity to receive world-class military training, develop strong character, and serve their nation with dedication and pride. By gaining admission to military schools and subsequently clearing the NDA examination, candidates can embark on a remarkable journey of military excellence and contribute to the defense and security of their country.